06 August 2012

Aftermaths


Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday was both better and worse than I anticipated.  It was joyful to be back in church and to see people in that place that matter to me.  The music and message were excellent.  The pain was still acute and constantly nagging.  I realized that I needed to be there.  This week the experience outweighed the pain and feeling of loss.

So much of what church is for me has value and helps me maintain my walk with Christ.  The pain of my family not being with me is something I will have to find a way to withstand.  I wonder at what point, when people drift away from the faith they share with another, that they stop considering how real the consequences are to those they leave behind.

I wonder how I will process the feelings in a way that is healthy for me and those I love.  There are too many places where I am not where I wish to be in my life.  I am not sure how to get there.  In this area, however, I am sure that I need what church has to offer me no matter how I feel about being there.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment