31 August 2012

Blue Moon


Greetings Dear Reader,

Today there is a blue moon.  If you do not know it, a blue moon means that there are two full moons in the same month.  This happens rarely enough that people notice it and make a big deal of it.  The moon is not actually blue but rare events are referred to as “Once in a blue moon.”  A blue moon is said to have special arcane meaning.  People fall in love under a blue moon.  Some calendars are formed around blue moons.

There is also a song by the name Blue Moon.  I have always like this song since I heard Nat King Cole croon it when I was a boy.  Sometimes I can carry a tune and I sing this song to myself at times.  I used to help care for an elderly lady who when she became agitated could be calmed by my singing this song.

I have written before about how music connects to who I am in many ways.  This song played a part in a very important part of my life.  The first time I held my first Grandson, Orion, I found a new love that was different than anything I have ever felt.  This song leapt into my mind and I have sung it to him often to help him fall asleep.  Now that he is talking he and I sing it together.  We even sing it to his baby brother

You see great and wonderful Grandsons come along only once in a blue moon.

Blue Moon
Blue Moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
Blue Moon
You know just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only face my heart will ever love
Someone whispered please adore me
Then Moon it turned to gold

Blue Moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment