04 August 2012

Far From Home


Greetings Dear Reader,

In pondering the things that besiege me I find that I am weary.  I am not weary because of doing what is right but rather I am weary of the struggles within the journey.  Most days I can see almost to the end of the path and know the beauty and love that is ahead.  Lately that is just not true.

Lately I feel so far from home that the mountains are taller, rougher, and more insurmountable.  The valleys are darker, deeper, and dank.  I do know that this is OK.  It is why I walk by faith.  Just because I cannot see does not mean that I stop walking.  No matter how dark it gets or how much I feel I am gaining no ground I must cling to that which guides me.

So many things that I wish for elude me but I am not to succumb to my own thoughts on this.  I must trust the light I am given is enough to follow onward. I must keep walking even if all I can see is the next footstep. 

What I struggle with is not the following it is the pain.  Faith is easy but my endurance seems weak today.  What I want in life is so far from where I am.  I do not say for a moment that I am not blessed nor am I unthankful for all that I have.  There is, however, a leanness to my soul that I seem unable to purge.   I realize that working through this may be unpleasant for some of you to read.  Thank you to those who journey with me and especially those who spare a moment to pray for me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment