30 August 2012

Why I Believe – Unique Direction Part 2


Greetings Dear Reader,

Before I paused to respond to comments from others I was headed in a direction.  I stumbled by trying to show unclearly the Father heart of God in an analogy.  My point is that God loves us.  Behind all the trappings of the Old Testament law is a love for us that is deep and abiding.

When we reject God in any way he feels as a father feels when his children disobey.  A loving father feels hurt, anger, and sadness.  God measures out these things but the undercurrent is always love that moves him to grace, mercy, and reconciliation. 

The point is that we spend so much time seeing God in terms of theology and apologetics that we do not embrace the father’s love he holds for us.  I believe because the Father makes it clear that his feelings for us are familial. He wishes for us to know him in-depth in this way.

I have two Sons who I love deeply.  I have failed them in many ways but my love for them has never wavered.  My father never once told me he loved me.  He never held me by his side and expressed his confidence or belief in me.  I think they have no idea the potential they possess.

In that is the heart matter of my faith and belief.  God represents himself as a father to the fatherless.  He expresses over and over his desire to show us his plans for us if we will only accept his love for us.

This is not pabulum to placate the weak minded.  This is the core of the force that is unstoppable in my faith.  This is the focus that moved Jesus to the cross.  This is what we are to be recognized by.  This is to be our prime mover in showing our faith to others.

I believe that what I believe does not matter if I do not show love to others.


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment