30 October 2012

A Forced Absence

Greetings Dear Reader,

I apologize for the lack of posts over the last days.  I have had some major network and access issues that have quite disrupted my schedule in the mornings.  Thankfully a strict backup regiment (with verification) and an excellent plan for disaster recovery have allowed very little loss of data and work. 

It did bring to mind just how involved my computers are in my daily life and work.  It seems that all of what I do as a writer and teacher is very dependent upon the fact that I have reliable data, access, and hardware.  It also showed me how often I am inclined to use access to the internet to keep up with things and people.

I am very thankful for the technology that I have and the way it makes provision in my life.  I also realize that with the power of that technology comes great responsibility.  I have the world of knowledge at my fingertips.  I can research almost anything instantly.  I can pound out a novel in three months if I have the time and discipline. 

My forced absence reminded me that I have much and I am very thankful.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment