16 October 2012

What is Your Super Power? – Development – Impacting the Social



Greetings Dear Reader,

It may be that these powers, flowing out of our love are the greatest that we possess.  We have the power to demand that others be treated with justice, kindness, and gentleness.  We have the power to be humble and good.  We can treat others with respect, hospitality, and deference that impact them deeply.

It is not the forcing of our morals and values on others that gives us indomitable power.  It is in the humble application of goodness in the lives of those we encounter that shatters barriers and banishes darkness.

Every time we interact with another human we must use these powers.  Our fight for truth and right is only powerful through these means.  We cannot abandon these powers and hope to be heard.  I realize that much of the world sees these things as weaknesses.  That, however, is why they are so powerful. 

The subtle consistent application of kindness is more powerful than anything one can imagine.  Fuel that with genuine love for others and there is no barrier that can withstand it.  Our powers are there for that very purpose.  When we focus them on the needs of others we become heroic.  We become the force of the universe against darkness and evil.  There is no greater calling.

A DISCLAIMER
For those who know me, I promise I have not gone mad.  I am using this extended metaphor intentionally to better process my thoughts.  I promise not to try to fly or deflect any bullets.  I will not be donning a strange costume or building a secret lair. 

Addendum to disclaimer: I do like the idea of a secret lair.

Second Addendum to disclaimer:  I am going to keep my secret identity.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment