09 October 2012

What is Your Super Power? – Development - Testing

Greetings Dear Reader,

The second aspect of developing one’s super power is that of testing it.  We must see how our power works in the lives of others.  What are the advantages, disadvantages (they all have them), and limitations of the power we possess?

So much of what we do must be tempered by the disciplines of our code.  I must discern how my powers best fit into my overall mission.  I must always remember that how I deal with my powers is subject to my own wisdom and knowledge of truth.   I must also develop my skills only in the light of doing what is right.

I must also realize that these gifts are not mine to use freely.  I cannot be after my own self-interest.  As I test that which I am trying to develop I must set self aside and ponder only the needs of others.  What I do must bring unity.  It must be beneficial to others.  I cannot be prideful or a pursuit of recognition from others.

Testing what I think is my power or powers must come from the aforementioned humility.  As we test what we think we can do for others we must guard our hearts to assure that we do not become addicted to what we can do to the detriment of who we are to be.

We must take the risk of failure and of reaching into the lives of others.  We must put ourselves out there for the greater good no matter how foolish we look.  After all is not it foolishness to believe that we have power beyond ourselves to influence for good the lives of others?  I would ask, without his code and reputation for good, would not Superman be thought foolish in his guise?

We must test what we believe we are called to be and hone our skills at using that which is within us.  We must take the risk and embrace our destiny.  We are more than we appear to be.  It takes time.  It takes yieldedness to the power within us.


A DISCLAIMER
For those who know me, I promise I have not gone mad.  I am using this extended metaphor intentionally to better process my thoughts.  I promise not to try to fly or deflect any bullets.  I will not be donning a strange costume or building a secret lair. 

Addendum to disclaimer: I do like the idea of a secret lair.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment