02 October 2012

Why They Cannot Hear Us – Conclusion

Greetings Dear Reader,

It seems that if I wish those around me to see Christ I have a very simple set of guidelines to assure that.  At the heart of that is the necessity to see the needs of others and do something about those needs.  I cannot ignore those who are hungry and homeless and hope to show Christ to others. 

I will not pretend to know why God set things up this way but it is easy to see that if applied these principles work.  The matter is that I must tend to these needs out of compassion for those in need and not to gain an audience.  If I do not care for those seen as the very least then I do not care for Christ.  This is who he identifies with in terms of our responsibility to care.

If I wish for others to hear the gospel then I must have a heart for the needs of others.  After all the gospel is about Christ meeting our needs even when we hated him enough to kill him.  It seems that if we are to reach others with the gospel then we must engage with them in a genuine way that then allows us to earn the right to be heard.

Compassion is what makes a difference.  Love and sacrifice is what destroys barriers.  If we are not these things then what do we really have to offer?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment