24 November 2012

A Season of Giving – Be Understanding

Greetings Dear Reader,

As our holiday plans unfold I find that each year scheduling becomes a little more complex.  This is for good reasons.  In the last two years I have been blessed with two Grandsons.  One of the gifts I am determined to give their parents is not be that grandparent that demands my own agenda over the needs of a working and growing family.

This is the kind of giving that can go on all year long if one chooses to focus.  When I schedule things that involve the entire family I must think of the needs of these young parents first.  That leads to the logical understanding that when I schedule anything I should be cognizant of the needs of all my children when planning events. 

Bezel, my single Son has a very unpredictable work schedule.  My Daughter Christmas works late when she works.  All of this means that my leisure time must be flexible to their needs as well.  Because of this it is a joy to give them that tractability in my schedule.

Why can we not extend this kind of understanding to all of our planning?  What a beautiful thing to give to others when they do not have to worry if we will understand their needs in this area.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment