28 November 2012

A Season of Giving – Lines

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am amazed at how long lines can be during regular shopping times.  Since I do not brave the lines of Black Friday weekend I do not have to endure that.  Still, it seems that each year the wait to buy things is longer than the patience of most people and all children. 

There are some very simple ways to give to others.  One of the most fun things is to entertain small children.  I cannot count the times I have gotten other adults laughing by playing peek-a-boo with a toddler.  The laughter of a small child can do much to lighten the mood of the temporary community that is the shopping line.

I also hold polite conversations with others.  The best way to start the conversation is to say something nice to the other person.  I try to admire something about the gifts in the cart.  It is very easy to do and it makes the most of those single serving friendships. 

The third thing I do and I will write more about this later is that I sing or hum.  I sing Christmas songs quietly so I am not intrusive.  It is fun to watch others lighten up.  This works well to entertain children that are a little older.

Since we are going to be in the line we may as well take advantage of the opportunity to be kind to others.  If we give of ourselves in these moments we will not stress as much about the wait.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment