23 November 2012


A Season of Gratitude – Concluding Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

After a day of feasting and family I am weary but quite content.  Tomorrow morning I will rise early to Ring Bells for the Salvation Army.  The next month I will spend thinking about giving.  For tonight though I will ponder how rich I truly am. 

I have children that I love and a God who loves us all.  I have a job where I get to change lives.  I have so much that is so beautiful.  Everything about life has its challenges but I find life much richer when I focus on what I have instead of what I do not have.

Recently I mapped out my year and I realize something is true.  For me the entire year revolves around one thing and that is the joy I find in the winter and in Christmas.  So as I close my writing about gratitude I wish you to know that for me everything is a lead up to celebrating Advent.  The time that is the hinge-pin of history for me is the moment when God took on flesh and bone to show his love for us. 

It is not the things but the Son that matters to me.  I think I will have a toddy and take a nap before I rise early to plot and plan how I will celebrate Christ through giving.  I love you all dear readers.  I am thankful for your attention.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Mike - I am enjoying your posts and headed back in time to read what I missed while on outreach. I am looking forward to what you come up with for giving - a great theme. It's also interesting to see what you are thankful for.

    ReplyDelete