03 November 2012

A Season of Gratitude – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am keenly aware that I have so much more than many in the world.  I do, however, want to deepen that sense of gratitude.  My hope is to focus on the things for which I am thankful in more than a surface way.  I think that perhaps if I could sharpen my focus on seeing what I truly have I can also be more focused on what I have to give to others.

I see the needs of others readily when I choose to look.  This means that I must trim what I desire to possess in order to be more focused on the needs of others.  Energy spent on wanting can them instead be spent on giving.  Most of the things I desire are good things but I have a very selfish hoarding portion to my nature as well.

Please interact with me as we discuss gratitude and what we are thankful for in our lives.  I would love to know what stirs the natural gratitude in your spirit.  What moves you to thankfulness?  What are the great gifts in your life for which you feel eternally grateful?  Your sharing of this will help hone my focus on things that matter.

I will share something every day for which I feel great gratitude.  Please do not interpret order as priority.  I am writing these in order that they come to mind as I ponder what I have for which I am thankful.  Very few of the things listed will be things.  Perhaps together we can reach a deeper awareness of all that we have and how we can use that plenty to enrich the lives of others.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment