21 November 2012

A Season of Gratitude – Fresh Baked Break

Greetings Dear Reader,

There is something about the smell of fresh break that is just out of the oven.  It assaults me.  It makes me hungry.  It calls to me.  As I write this the house is filled with the smell of bread baking for today and tomorrow. 

I have never been able to understand the very primal nature of my feelings about this smell.  I used to live near a bakery and this smell touched me almost daily.  I breathe deeper and more relaxed when I smell fresh bread.  I do not consume very much bread but I love the smell and would not pass up a slice offered still warm.  I am thankful for the way this beautiful food permeates me.

I wonder if this is why Jesus told us he is the bread of life.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment