11 November 2012

A Season of Gratitude – Veterans

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that I say this often but until the world gets it, it bears repeating.  I hate war.  I hate the politics and greed cause us to kill each other when we have such potential to do good.  Because of war, however, I find myself surrounded by family and friends who have risked all and given much to fend off those who would destroy us.

It does not matter what your political views are or how you divide on the current climate regarding war you have the freedom you have because men and women put their lives on the line to provide it for you.  How I feel about war has nothing to do with how I feel about these men and women.

I honor them.  I respect them.  I feel compassion for the physical and emotional scars they will carry for life.  I am thankful for them.  So today, Veteran’s day is a day when I express my gratitude for those who have left home and life to assure that I can keep my home and life.  Thank you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment