05 January 2013

Diving Deeper – Dissatisfaction

Greetings Dear Reader,

I love peaches.  They are probably my favorite food in all of known creation.  I have had peaches from all over the world.  I am particular to the peaches that are grown in Georgia.  I buy them buy the bushel and preserve them so I can enjoy them all year long.  Any time that any one has asked me to try any other peach I am left dissatisfied.  My mind compares them to the wonderful orbs I buy from Tree-Ripe when they journey to Wisconsin each summer.   Those peaches take me back to summers with my Grandfather in Georgia.  I am so thankful that I live in a place where I can get my beloved Georgia peaches.

I realize that I sound a little obsessed about peaches.  I probably am.  More important is that I realize that I must have the same level of dissatisfaction over my faith.  I must be someone who prizes depth of faith with same level of exclusive discontent that I prize those peaches.  Depth of faith comes from constantly wanting to believe more deeply and broadly. 

I must remain dissatisfied with my faith until it has sway over every area of my being.  I must become so immersed in walking by faith that everything is a natural discussion over if the next act is following or floundering.  As a writer my heart’s desire is to choose every word out of faith that this is the right word to choose.  That said, I wish to assure you that all grammatical and spelling errors are mine and not God’s.

I hope you can see the logic in what I am saying.  I must be dissatisfied with anything less than following by faith.  I must be discontent with anything that gets in the way of my relationship with God.  When I let other things come between me and my pursuit of Christ it weakens my faith.

To get back to the peach analogy, I would submit that I have had times when I was given peaches of lesser worth as a gift by well-meaning friends.  I ate them and found a level of enjoyment in them.  They were after all peaches.  Then I ate another Georgia peach and was reminded that nothing touches my soul in the area of food the way that those peaches do.  This is how I want to pursue a deeper faith.  Even when I have tasted a good peach I always want another one.  Even when I feel my faith is strong and broad I want to go deeper.  I want it to become the pursuit that drives all other pursuits.   

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good. Blessed is the person who takes refuge in him.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment