12 February 2013

The DMV



Greetings Dear Reader,

With the advent of a new year of life came the necessity of renewing my driver’s license.   I have not had to do this for eight years so there are some changes that needed to be addressed.  I now have a vision restriction on my license.  The license has changed to comply with the new federal laws regarding real identification.  This meant I needed my passport to get my driver’s license.

All of this was accomplished easily and in what seemed like a short amount of time.  I was there about twenty minutes.  What got my attention was the encounters I had in those twenty minutes.  During my time at the DMV I ran into two former students, one current student, and two friends from church.  Three of them were also renewing driver’s licenses and the other two were getting plates for vehicles.

It has been my practice when I run into friends in public that I take the opportunity to pray for them throughout the day.  There is little in common with these people.  I do not think that any of them know each other.  How odd it is to me that we all arrived at the DMV at the same time.  Whatever the reason it was good to see people I know and reconnect with them for a moment.

How often I wonder has this happened.  How often have I prayed for a friend after a chance meeting?  What has been the impact?  I may never know the answers to this but it makes me curious.  I do know that I have been faithful in praying for my friends and perhaps that is all that matters.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment