24 February 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Six - Pretense

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

Pretense is something my beloved Son, Maxim hates.  I see him curdle when he sees it in people he cares for and wishes they would just be real with him.  I grew up in a world where pretense was often necessary for survival.  There were people to whom being genuine was an act of war.  I learned at a young age that sometimes speaking the truth got you in trouble.

There are still truths that I dare not speak and I spent a great deal of my life fostering pretenses in hopes of being accepted by others.  I rarely think that who I am is acceptable to anyone.  This is all pride and sin. 

I must move in the knowledge that God loves me for who I am.  He is pleased to guide me in truth and I do not need to put up any false walls to protect myself from anything.  Only God knows how hard it is just to admit that.  I know that if I am genuine that God will meet me and show me that he loves me.  I just need to trust him to allow those who need who he created to see it.

I am realizing that anything short of following Christ with every breath is pretense.  It is just difficult to shake years of bad habits.  I must dress and go to church.  Pray that I can abandon this sin when you pray for me.


Organ stopped its playing
Everyone’s gone home
But I’m here wish that some way we could meet

Preacher stopped his preaching
Somehow it goes on
In my heart, somehow I feel so incomplete

You and me all alone in your house
Don’t know how to say it
I guess that I’ll just play it by ear
Meet me here

Pews and isles so empty
Still you seem so near
And I cry Hoping that some way I might know you

Choir stopped its singing
Somehow I still hear
And the tears are blinding the eyes that need you

You and me all alone in your house
Don’t know how to say it
I guess that I’ll play it by ear
Meet me here

Don’t know how to say it
I guess that I’ll play it by ear
Meet me here

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment