04 February 2013

War – Diet

Greetings Dear Reader,

Napoleon is credited with the quote, “An army moves on its stomach.”  It is so true that what we eat impacts who we are and how we perform so much.  I have paid careful attention to what I consume over the last few years to manage my weight and diabetes.  I realize that if I am to be spiritually strong I need to be very careful what I consume too.

What I feed my mind and spirit determines my strength to fight this war.  Failure to dine on things that enhance the strength of my new nature makes it weak and vulnerable.  Everything I take in changes me in some way.  I am constantly bombarded with messages that tell me who to be and what to do.

I must filter all of those messages through who Christ is and who he wishes me to become as his follower.  Everything about this is centered on what I allow in or how I filter what I consume.  I cannot passively consume things without knowing what I am taking in.  That will damage me.

If I am to keep an advantage in this war I must take in the things that feed my spirit.  I must devour healthy things.  I must refuse things that will harm or weaken me.  Once again the only way to win is constant vigilance. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment