01 February 2013

War – Shadow Boxing

Greetings Dear Reader,

I do not care much for boxing.  I think that wagering on two men damaging each other is a bad idea.  It has always troubled me.  However, I do see the value in this imagery for the war we are in spiritually.

I am not fighting against a shadow.  I am not shadow boxing.  I must defeat and kill a real enemy who rises in rage every time I win.  I must toughen my redeemed nature.  The metaphor of the boxer is excellent for this war. 

I must train and be prepared.  I must not make provision for the things that weaken me.  I am in constant training for the war I am constantly fighting.  My enemy will take any advantage I give him.  He will show no mercy.  Every moment of every day my fallen nature seeks to please only itself. 

I have been in a couple of situations where I was in constant danger.  The senses sharpen.  The mind focuses.  Everything about the situation requires vigilance.  It is the same for the inner war for me.  I am never shadow boxing.  I am never in the clear.  Every thought must be captive.  Every word must be accounted for.  Every action must be a move in the fight.  There will be no bell to end the round until the final bell that ends the fight.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment