22 March 2013

In the Wilderness – Evening - Part 2

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the great clarities that I emerge from my wilderness time with is I have no desire that I do not wish to supersede with this desire.  I want to be God’s man.  I want my every action and attitude to reflect him and his love for others.  I see the possibility for greatness in people that are not yielded to Christ.  I see what they could become in showing his love to others.

In the latest movie version of The Count of Monte Cristo, Jacopo says to Dantès, “I am your man forever.”  If I do not yield all that I am to this end; reflecting Christ to others then I need do nothing else for it will not matter.  If I do not become in heart a man who is God’s alone then I cannot hope to be free of the burdens I carry. 

As I emerge from the wilderness I am reminded that this vigilance is only viable if I am armed and engine to this task.  I must be God’s and God’s alone. 


You are my God and I am your man
I will worship you
With the works of my hands
And the thoughts of my mind
And the love in my heart

If the world could know, if they could understand
The hour of the exquisite touch of the Creator's hand
Brings a blur to my eye but makes my vision clear

Ring, rainbow ring encircles the throne
Fiery ring of love around your own
A golden ring to show just where I stand
A ring that binds my heart into your hand

And looking back across the years
I can see that you were constantly there
Constant creation; that’s what I am
As you are making me into you man

Here is my ear drive through the nail
The world will know by the ring that I wear
That I am not for sale
For you are my God and I am your man

Ring, rainbow ring encircles the throne
Fiery ring of love around your throne
A golden ring to show just where I stand
A ring that binds my heart into your hand

For you are my God and I am your man

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment