08 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Eighteen – I am a Thief

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

So I feel this way.  I steal things that are not mine.  It is not like I take money or objects.  But time and spending it doing things other than what I should be doing.  I forget that all that I have belongs to God and I hoard things that are his instead of giving them freely to others. 

When I do not give my best at work that is a form of theft.  When I do not give my best to time spent with my Children, that too is a form of theft.  If I do not give an honest loving answer to a friend when they ask a genuine question that too is theft.  I have stolen time from them by delaying honesty.  I have also stolen trust. 

So often I do not consider what is not mine and how I steal the ownership of things that are God’s.  Jesus made it clear that my life is not my own.  Every moment that I do not spend following him is a moment stolen.  Every word that I say that is not treated as his is theft. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment