05 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Fifteen – The Trip So Far

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

I must say that this challenge is kicking me hard.  I want to reassure you Dear Reader that I am not in some funk or feeling depressed.  I am trying to get a better grip on the places in me that need to be more yielded to Christ.  Half way through the journey I see so many reasons to avoid the rest of it but the only way out is through.

This leads to the thoughts I have about my willingness to quit when things get hard.  I am much better at staying the course than I used to be but there is always that voice urging me to give up on things.  Crucifying the urge to quit is a daily task. 

When I started this I knew it would be difficult.  I had no idea how harsh the feelings would get as I confront the truth of my distance from what I wish to be as a follower of Jesus Christ.  I have come far but there are many miles yet to travel.  It is worth it to give more of myself over to Christ.

Confronting my sin of wishing to quit when things are difficult will only enhance my success.  I must not think I am fine though.  There is still much to work through and sin to kill.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment