09 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Nineteen – Anger Yet Again

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

One of the things that is bubbling to the surface in this journey is that constant state of anger that exists because of past pain.  Things that I have buried for years seem to be plaguing my waking and sleeping.   I dreamt a couple of nights ago about an incident the happened when I was eleven years old.  That is four decades ago for those who do not know.

I awakened angry and in pain over this thing that occurred and is long gone.  I realized that I had not forgiven the person involved.  I realized that I had allowed the incident to shape and own a part of me that is supposed to belong to Christ.  I think that there things I submerge instead of truly forgiving someone and moving on to be closer to Christ and his kind of forgiveness. 

I know that in pride I can overlook things that I do not really forgive.  It seems that I bury them and they feed a latent malignant anger that longs to destroy me.  I must assure that I practice true love and forgiveness by allowing my heart to release the things done to me and move with Christ toward the redemptive love he wishes me to have for everyone.  Boy anger makes me mad. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment