06 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Sixteen - Inconsistency

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

There are many things I do habitually.   I have a process for most things I do daily.  There is nothing wrong with this as long as I do not let the process become what matters.  On the other hand, I am inconsistent at some things that really matter.  I wish to differentiate between inconsistency and hypocrisy.  Although at times I have been guilty of both it is inconsistency that I wish focus on today.

I can form a bad habit after just one go at it.  Good habits come much harder.  Even after six years of working hard to eat right I can be very inconsistent in doing what is best for my physical wellbeing.  I can forget easily things that I need to do daily that are healthy for me.

Worse still is the inner struggle to be consistent in how I interact with people.  Everyone is worthy of my love and compassion but I do not always apply it consistently.  This does not mean that it should be expressed in the way others think it should.  It does mean that I must interact with everyone in a way that shows my love for God and my love for them.

I have to be sure that I consistently apply the standards of Christ to each of my interactions.  I must be consistent in my view of others.  I must see everyone as some Christ loves and wishes to know intimately.  Even as I write this I the names of people float through my mind with whom I must be more loving and kind. 

If I am not constant in my love for them then I cannot hope for them to see Christ in me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment