20 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Thirty – Fighting the Wrong Battles


Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

I know a great deal about many things and that is a terrible problem.  One of the failures that I see is that instead of using my knowledge for good I have used it for ill thinking I was using it for good.  A keen example of this is arguing Theology when I should have been looking into the spirit of the person I confronted and seeing the need of his heart.  I would fight to conquer the mind when I should have been connecting with the soul.

It does no good to angrily or lovingly demand that someone see a point of view when what they need is to be loved and accepted for who they are.  No battle won in the mind can win the war that rages in the spirit.  If someone does not see God’s love for him and the immense beauty found in following Christ then they will not care about the proper way to worship or pray.

Jesus spends a great deal of time pointing this out to the religious leaders of his day.  When he heals the man at the pool of Bethesda the Pharisees are much more concerned that a lame man is carrying his cot than that he is walking.  When I dwell on Theology over connecting I forget that the last eight commandments are based on the first two. 

When I dwell on loving God and my fellow man I care much more for the hurt that brings doubt than I do about which creation scenario is the right one.  When I fail to connect with the heart of a person because I want to win an argument over minutia I am being a Pharisee.  I must not put my pride in arguing or knowledge over my love for the soul of another.  I must not expect those who do not believe to understand the depth of who Christ is and behave in that manner.  I must use the only weapon that really works in the war for the soul.  I must love them as God loves them in any way that I can.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. You are so right here - it's much more important to love than argue, even when the subject of argument is of great importance!

    ReplyDelete