02 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Twelve – Anger Again


Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

I cannot believe the things that I get angry over that just do not matter.  There is not much to say about it.  It is one of those areas where either I put Christ and others first or I put my own wants and interests first.  I want to major and the major things not the minor ones.  Still if I do not let go of things quickly the little things build up and I act in an unloving way.

Little things that irritate me are almost always a matter of preference and I cannot see a good reason to be angry because of preference.  It is my responsibility to assure that I am being unselfish in my preferences.  Unfortunately I also must give up my preferences out of love and humility and not pride.  If I act or of pride to sacrifice my preference for someone else I always feel resentful later.  I think that I have done some great thing and the other person should feel more grateful. 

In truth if I feel anger over a small sacrifice I have not sacrificed anything but instead I have given something to get something.  That is neither loving nor humble.  The little things that irritate me are almost always sourced in me wanting what I want when I want it.

It is impossible to indulge the little angers and love God and man the way I should.  It is impossible to love God and man the way I should and allow trifles to anger me.  The two do not coexist.  So I run back and forth between them exhausting my spirit.  Following Christ is much less taxing that claiming my little angers in a futile relay.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. The character Socrates from Dan Millman's "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior" said: "Let feelings flow, then let them go." http://tinyurl.com/a6az7nh

    While you break the habit of letting the mole hills turn into mountains, I find this to be a good practice. The feeling is already there, you might as well let it out; then remember to let it go.

    ReplyDelete