18 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Twenty Eight - Excess

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

The problem is always too much of a good thing.  When Paul tells us in Ephesians to not be drunk it is because that is excess.  When I come upon pantry items for my home that are on sale I want to buy them all.  I have eaten an entire pie in one sitting.  It is not wrong to drink, shop, or have pie.  It is so very wrong for me to do anything to excess.

So much of my battle with my weight over the years was due to excess.  I am better at it but I still have moments where I must see that I desire excess deeply.  Just last night I was eating somewhere that gives away free ice-cream with your meal.  I had enough to end my meal; a taste that was delicious, enjoyable, and healthy.  As I sat there talking with my dinner companion I kept wanting more.

It is my responsibility to insure that I do not sin by taking or consuming too much of anything.  This is one of those things with which I constantly struggle.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment