14 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Twenty Four – Too Many Possessions

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

I own so many things I do not use.  I can easily count things that sit in my basement or shop that I have not touched in a great while.  Some of them I will never use again and I should make the time to pass them on to others.

The real problem is that I always want more.  I always am looking to add to collections or increase an array of items.  Some of the things are things I “collect” but in the heart of that is that desire to have the most or best of something.  That is nothing but pride again.

I should be focused on giving things away to those in need.  I need to ponder where this greed stems from and figure out how to kill it.  Possessions only anchor me to a world that is not my home.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. oh, the struggle with things. I've been there and it's something I am still working on! It sounds like you are on the right path, as the root is always the biggest concern, when so many focus on the fruit instead.

    ReplyDelete