19 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Twenty Nine – Buried Gifts

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

Once in a while one of my Sons will comment, “Dad you used to …Why don’t you do that anymore?”  The truth is neglect.  I have gifts and talents that I do not use as often as I should.  I tell myself that there is not time but that is just not true. 

There are things I can do that benefit others or enrich my life that I just do not do.  God wants me to us my gifts to serve him and when I “bury” them that is not possible.  I must remember to embrace the good things in my being and develop them.

This seems small but it is big.  It is huge.  I have neglected some things out of fear.  I have neglected some out of pride.  This is just not an acceptable use of who I am and who I am created to be in Christ.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. I think about this sometimes - like how so many high school students play a sport and play an instrument, but both fall by the wayside as soon as college.

    ReplyDelete