11 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Twenty One – Seeking Assurances

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

I worry too much about what others think about what I think, feel, and do.  Instead my focus should be on what God thinks of me.  I hesitate in things I know to be right for fear of what others think.  I also too often look for reassurance or approval from human relationships when I should be looking for Divine approval. 

Too many things I have done to impress or gain favor from others have been just vain and foolish.  These pursuits are all my pride and lack of faith working themselves out in sinful ways.  It is rather that if I embrace humility and focus on pleasing God that I can find the reassurances I need.

I have needed approval for as long as I can remember.  I need to get to the place where I realize the level at which I already have it. If I keep my focus on following Christ and obeying his commands to love God and others I cannot help but see how much he loves and accepts me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment