17 March 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Twenty Seven – Lack of Trust

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

My Grandson, Orion likes to climb up on his parent’s coffee table and he will then jump to anyone who is sitting around it.  He trusts completely that someone will catch him.  He squeals sometimes with delight that he will be caught.  He trusts the adults in his life to respond and catch him.


From time to time I find that things in my life are not the way I want them to be regarding what I must or must not do.  Circumstances demand that I do a thing and instead of trusting God with those circumstances I try to change them or avoid what I must do.  If I think that I have to do something or know it is the right thing to do I must exercise faith that God is aware of what is happening and has my best interest in mind.

Either God loves me and is in control or he is not.  Since I believe and counsel others that both are true I need to live like it when the circumstances around me are not to my liking.  I find that I am in that very place and that I am mentally disregarding this truth.  My sin is a failure to trust God with everything.  If I can master this I am sure there will be much more peace in the journey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment