27 March 2013

We Paid for the Party with our Dearest Blood – Judging Others

Greetings Dear Reader,

In church tradition one of the names for Holy Wednesday is Spy Wednesday.  It refers to the handing over of Jesus to the Pharisees.  I have written before about my thoughts concerning Judas and his motives.  What I wish to ponder today is how we view Judas.  We judge him so harshly when the command is to love him.

I must not judge anyone if I am to die to self and follow Christ.  Taking up my cross means seeing my sin and guilt and counting on the atonement of Christ to cover that.  I cannot engage in judging others when my sin is so deep.  Jesus promised that the judgment we use will be the standard by which we are judged. 

In my journey toward the cross, its death, and eventual life I must not engage in judging others.  I must look inward to my own failings and allow the grace of God to heal them. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment