30 April 2013

Anger: The foolish and the bold – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Anger used to be a real issue for me.  I still feel anger but it has much less control over me than in the past.  I know that anger has a place in Christ followers but I must reason out what that place is.

Paul counsels the Ephesians to “be angry and sin not.”  There are things that I must give my anger but without violating my obedience to Christ.  As I think through this a list of things pops into my head and easily half of them are just my pride and selfishness trying to gain a foothold.

When I allow anger to be real within me it must never control me.  There seem to be some clear rules regarding anger.  There are just as many vagaries.  I know what makes me angry but I need to reason out which of those things are valid and which is my own willfulness. 

I think this will be a painful walk but a necessary one.  I invite your company and thoughts as I journey through this.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment