25 April 2013

My Social Responsibility – Be Clear

Greetings Dear Reader,

It intrigues me how much time Luke spends telling us that those explaining the Gospel had to make it clear for those hearing it.  This is truly one of the things I think those who follow Christ have lost. 

The Gospel is to be clear.  When I add burdens to it by including things that are not part of the Gospel I am not better than the Pharisees who opposed Christ.  Discussions about things that do not pertain to the Gospel are acceptable as long as I do not allow them to distract of detract from the clear message of redemption through Christ.

It is socially irresponsible for me to refuse to show love and kindness to those who disagree with me.  That is not a clear message.  If I do not put the social aspect of the Gospel first then there are no hands and feet on the hidden Christ.  I cannot be clear in presenting the love of Christ if I do not live the whole of the Gospel without respect to the political, social, or personal position of others.

I do not have to accept something or agree with something to clearly and simply love others.  Were that a requirement Christ could never reach any of us.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment