07 April 2013

My Social Responsibility – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Some years ago I was at a retreat with a colleague.  We were discussing late into the night the current applications from the second book of the New Testament written by Luke the physician.  He follows the development of the body of Christ for some years and in that following shows some very clear ways in which the church is socially responsible.  I recently came across my notes from that conversation.

In rereading the Book of Acts I am doing so from the perspective of my social responsibility as a Christ follower.  I will venture into social commentary about what I think the church, but more specifically I should be doing as someone who wishes to follow Christ and live his example.  My Son, Bezel and I were discussing this at lunch and it cemented the need for me to explore it.

In a world where vast social needs are being debated to the extent that the debate is overshadowing the meeting of the needs I see severe issues.  We should not be surprised that the world views irrelevant something that does not meet its needs.  I want to be sure that I clearly understand the needs that I am to meet as a Christ follower.  I invite you to journey with me for a bit as I explore this area of who I am in Christ. 

I do not claim to have any answers here but I hope to find some. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to reading your findings.

    ReplyDelete