22 April 2013

My Social Responsibility – No Extra Baggage

Greetings Dear Reader,

As soon as there is truth there are those trying to bend that truth to their will.  People wish to maintain control through the use of rules that are not part of the Gospel.  The Gospel is simple.  Faith is required.  Baptism, circumcision, and keeping the law are not. 

When we attach anything other than faith to the Gospel we hinder its acceptance.  When I do not make it clear that the relationship with Christ is based on faith and his love for us I do a disservice to all that I believe. 

I must not let those who need Christ be hindered by the words of those who would add to the simplicity of the Gospel.  I must not live as if my following some code makes me better in the eyes of God.  The Gospel is not free.  Christ paid for it with his blood.  He then makes a gift of it freely to us all.  To mar this message in any way is to dishonor the sacrifice and the gift.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment