23 April 2013

My Social Responsibility – There are no Sidelines


Greetings Dear Reader,

One must read chapter sixteen of acts carefully to realize what happens here.  Luke, the writer shifts from third person to include himself.  Most of the commentary on this agrees that at this point Luke joins Paul on his journey.  He moves from chronicler to fellow traveler.

As a writer this is quite personal for me.  I cannot sit on the sidelines and pundit about faith and following.  That is not my nature.  My social responsibility is to be there for those in my path who need to see what Christ has to offer.  I need to renew daily my commitment to follow.

Luke already knows how much Paul has suffered because of his faith.  He knows the danger and cost.  He still chooses to join them.  It is one of the reasons that I admire this writer so much.  What good is faith if it does not translate into action?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment