12 April 2013

My Social Responsibility – To the Truth and my Opposition

Greetings Dear Reader,

Two things spring out as I continue to move through Luke’s account of the early church.  The first is that the church was very deeply committed to honesty in all things.  When people lied about what they were doing for God it was very severe.  Dishonest was not tolerated even internally. 

It seems that we are to only represent the truth of what we do to further the cause of Christ.  We are free to give as much or little as we choose but we must not misrepresent it in any way.  I then must ponder everything I represent so that I am relating fact and never pretense. 

I must also ponder who I interact with those who oppose the Gospel.  I must acknowledge when their accusations have merit.  The church is not doing all it can to be socially responsible to the world.  I must assure that I am.  Those who hate me for where I stand must be the people I show love to.  The Apostles did not argue. They cared for the needs of those around them and spoke the truth of the Gospel. 

Do the work.  Report the facts.  Speak the truth.  What if every Christ follower did this?  What if every church abandoned all the political and internal rhetoric and simply clung to meeting the needs of others and speaking the truth in love?  What if all that we did traced back to these two things?   I am trying to reorder my life to just these.  I want to be this man who can stand before anyone and show Christ in his compassion and redemption to others.


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous20/4/13 10:27

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete