01 April 2013

We Paid for the Party with our Dearest Blood – After the Frey

Greetings Dear Reader,

In many countries today is still a holiday.  Easter Monday is celebrated in many Eastern Orthodox countries.  It is also a holiday in Australia.  In the United States candy is on sale and forgotten eggs are rotting in the yard.  I went to church, made apple cakes from and ancient recipe, and feasted on wild boar.

What is the difference for me then?  On this side of Holy Week I need to get my bearings a choose where to walk.  What I must not do is allow the cross to fall into the past.  I must not allow the price to be forgotten.  I cannot forget the cost of my feasting and celebration.  The cost of my joy, the price for my celebration, and the wages for my sin is God’s blood.

I must not walk any further without constant awareness of this.  Atonement exists because God died for me.  Anything good I have is because of this.  Anything beneficial I do is attributed to this.  It is Christ’s sacrifice for me that allows me to even begin to be pleasing to God.

The Resurrection must propel me to more than a once a year vigil.  I must live and move as if a resurrected Christ calls me to follow and then follow with all my heart.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment