10 May 2013

A Strong Core – What is My Center?

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have been ill for the last week.  Allergies combined with a sinus infection have had me running on empty most of the week.  Since I am on the upswing in regaining my physical health through exercise and weight loss I have noticed that illness does not impact me as deeply.  I am not well yet but talking about my illness with a colleague got around to talking about my core strength.

This is something talked about often by exercise enthusiasts and I see the importance of it.  It got me pondering what my core really is.  If I am not centered on Christ and his place in my life then no amount of physical strength will help me.  If Christ is not the center of all that I try to be then no physical, emotional, or social centering will help me.

It takes me back to the realization that there are truly no secular issues.  Everything is God’s whether we accept that or not.  We do not vote God in or give him permission.  If Christ and his love for everyone is not my driving force then I cannot be centered or have a strong core.  I find that when I manage to see things through this perspective I am much more at peace.  I am much more successful.  I am stronger.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment