03 May 2013

Anger: The Foolish and the Bold – God’s Anger

Greetings Dear Reader,

God does get angry.  The anger is always justified.  It is intriguing to me that is it is always a response to the actions of men.  The focus that I am taking here though is one that I have only recently thought trough.

Too often we see those who claim to represent God use his anger as a weapon against those they wish to control.  I cannot guarantee how God will feel about anything.  I cannot say he will always respond with anger.  What I can say is that he responds in love much more often than he does anger.

When I try to use God’s anger at sin as a manipulation for others I am violating the proper command to love them.  When I first came to faith it was in a community of believers that focused much more on God’s anger than on his love.  It took many years for me to realize how wrong this is.

God does become angry and it is just.  He much more often though does God reach out to us in love and compassion?  How often does he command us to do the same?  We are to measure each other by our love.  We must measure God the same way.  The result is much healthier.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment