29 May 2013

Second Thoughts - Brat Fest 2013

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

As a chilly rainy Memorial Day weekend closed I thought of all the picnics, celebrations, and events impacted by the weather.  When one lives in a place where summers are short every chilly day between Memorial Day and Labor Day means loss for the merchants who make a living off of summer.

One of my favorite such events is Brat Fest.  It is the world’s largest celebration of brats.  It is also a world class charity event.  I have written about it often and one can lean all they wish from the official Brat Fest web page.  As of this writing the count for the weekend is just over 151,000 brats.  The record set in 2010 is 209,376 seems to be out of reach this year.

The weather impacted the money that will go to charities.  I care deeply about this but I also know that the money raised will help.  I often wonder how the weather impacts things such as this in the long term.  Will a rainy weekend keep people from including it in their plans next year?  I know that I did not go every day like I usually do and part of me wishes I had.  I know that I look forward to it every year rain or shine. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


No comments:

Post a Comment