21 May 2013

Second Thoughts - Lingering Illness

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Early this spring I made an effort to increase my exercise and activity.  I had planned for some ventures that I have not indulged in a long time.  Then in early April a respiratory illness set in and has yet to let go of me.  I am finally on the mend but I have had little energy other than my day to day obligations.

In the imposed solitude of this I found that my passion even for writing flagged which led to me feeling even worse.  It made me very aware of the fact that I am growing older.  I do not wish to be one of those who complain about old age but I can feel subtle changes in my frame that warm me of a coming winter.

I am not depressed about it but I feel there are so many things I still wish to do.  I have noted that I am increasingly discontent with some things and that others could be daily habits and I would love them for life.  I cannot get enough time with my Children and Grand Children. 

I have also noticed that I sleep a little longer.  This is new and strange to me.  The differences remind me of a song from my youth.  As I approach the autumn of life it challenges me to be more genuine with who I am.

“Do you care what's happening around you? Do your senses know the changes when they come? Can you see yourself reflected in the seasons? Can you understand the need to carry on?”  - John Denver

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment