12 June 2013

A Rainy Season

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have been hearing many complaints about the rain over the last two weeks.  A rainy spring does bring with it some challenges.  Lawns grow faster and are too wet to cut.  An extended winter brings the desire to be out and enjoying the world but the rain holds many people inside.

This time last year things were brown and very dry.  The heat was oppressive and the complaints ran in that direction.  Air conditioning ran constantly in my home.  Going outside was challenging and uncomfortable.

It seems that no matter the weather someone is dissatisfied with it.  I say all that time that God does not get the weather wrong.  I have seen days that are deemed perfect weather wise.  I hear all that time that the weather is beautiful when it is warm, sunny, and comfortable outside. 

I wonder how it would change our outlook if we accepted each day’s weather as God’s design for that day.  If I begin with the things I cannot control and am thankful for them perhaps I can follow Christ more closely in everything.  If I put God’s sovereignty in play in everything and am thankful for it perhaps I see him more clearly.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment