23 June 2013

Does God Exist – Sovereignty

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am not going to venture into the thought that many use in defending God’s existence.  Too often we have used the sovereignty of God dismissively toward others.  I think that this is probably always wrong.  What I am aiming at here is that I believe that it is always wrong to say that “someone has to believe because God says so.” 

From what place can I stand to say what God would or would not do?  This is not a valid reason to say he does not exist.  I can take the written revelation of the Bible (which I do believe to be valid) and gain a measure of understanding from that.  The most, however, that I can do with that revelation is learn to love God and love his creation, man. It does not give me permission to judge, hate, condemn, or neglect anyone else. 

I am not free to do anything but love with all that I am both vertically and horizontally.  God does not seek to prove himself to us.  Rather he assumes that we get that he exists and that he has a desire to know us and have us know him.  It is logical given my belief in intelligent design that I should accept the designer as sovereign.  I am not asking anyone else to accept this but it is what I believe.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment