07 June 2013

Sensitivity Training – The Lives of Others

Greetings Dear Reader,

I made a new friend this week.  He is a Christ follower and his life is in transition.  As I am first getting to know him, the challenges he is engaging cause me to realize just how good I have it.  He is just moving to the town in which I live.  He is just beginning a new job.

In order to start this new job he is going to be away from his wife and children for three months.  He will travel three hours one way on weekends to see them when he is used to being there every night.  They have Skype but it is not the same.  As I have listened to his life unfold this week I am driven to pray for him and his success in his new venture.

It seems very clear that God continually gives me opportunity to have some small input into the lives of others as they are in transition.  I know that this is an honor and a privilege.  I must follow Christ closely in this so that I have the best possible chance for being ready to be there in the moment. 

I do not that this encounter has made me think less about my own circumstances and instead how to be a loving fellow traveler in his.  That, I think is at the heart of being what Christ has called us to be for others.  

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment