25 June 2013

The Sea

Greetings Dear Reader,

A few nights ago I dreamt of the ocean.  It started out with a memory dream of catching crab on Folly Beach with my dad.  It transitioned to being on a ship and then on that ship in a vast storm.  I have experienced this and it is both amazing and terrifying.

So much of the world’s vast water ways are still a mystery to us.  It is still the most likely place that we will discover new life on our planet.  The energy and constant of its movement is beautiful.  It can still rise up and destroy coast lines overnight.

The seas provide great bounty to the world and we should be more careful how we manage this.  I believe that this is possible if we work at it.  It would take a great deal of work but we are responsible and in need.

The sea has been used for so many metaphors and to teach so many lessons.  It also has much to teach us about ourselves.  I cannot ponder this without remembering the things I learned about the ocean in dreams when I studied psychology.  This long dream of the sea is significant to me.

I do not know yet what change is on the horizon but it is coming.  As I write this a storm thunders outside and inside.  The one outside seems angry the one inside seems more like power and beauty.  Whatever is coming I am reminded of what the unknown writer of Psalm 107 said

Psalm 107:23-24 Those who sail on the sea in ships, who do business on the high seas, have seen what the LORD can do, the miracles he performed in the depths of the sea.

I look forward to the unfolding of things.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous25/6/13 11:40

    I remember your first experience with a sea. It was the inland sea, Lake Erie and you loved it. I think that love of sea is in your hear as much as it is in mine. I loved watching you and rthe Fersner boys next door play in the waves. Those days at Folly with you are my happiest memories.

    ReplyDelete