19 July 2013

A Disappearing Daughter

Greetings Dear Reader,

My Daughter Christmas and I often go shopping together.  We will be walking along talking and enjoying whatever it is we are seeking.  Christmas gets excited about the most interesting things.  We will be at the farmers’ market or walking down the street when every once in a while she disappears. 

We will be walking along.  I will look over to say something and she is just gone.  I retrace my steps to look for her and she is already in the midst of helping someone in need.  She will be fetching something off of a high shelf for a short person.  She will be helping someone carry packages.  She will has twice been caught returning a lost child to its mum.

There is this thing in her that sees needs and rushes to meet them.  She is driven to be kind and compassionate to others.  He spirit thrives on small acts of help and assistance.  I find this one of the very Christ-like things in her.  It is an encouragement, delight, and challenge.

I am challenged when I see this to be more aware of the needs of others.  I am driven to be as aware and to act as she is.  Once again, I find that seeing the good in someone else pushes me to be a better man and to follow Christ more closely. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment: