20 July 2013

Early Morning Prayer

Greetings Dear Reader,

I wonder Dear Reader what you pray about in the morning.  If you do not please do not be offended at the question.  I do.  Every morning I spend some time talking with God about things for which I am thankful, in need of, or about which I am concerned.  I also pray for my family and friends.

I have had people tell me that prayer does not do any good.  My question is “how do you know?”  Often people will reference an incident  where they prayed for something specific and it did not happen the way they wished it to happen.  Prayer never obligates God to do as you ask. 

I value my prayer time in the morning because it allows me to focus on things that are outside of me.  It reminds me that others have needs.  It reminds me to be more aware of the things outside of my life going on in the world.  It reminds me to love others and be kind to them.  It usually puts my day in perspective.  I also pray for you Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment