16 July 2013

On Gratitude

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have so many things to be thankful for.  This week I am reminded of how deeply blessed and rich I am in the area of food.  I am keenly aware that from a world perspective I live in luxury when it comes to this.  Still there are things that I get to enjoy for which I am even more thankful.

Today I feel so grateful for Georgia peaches, key lime pie, and Chick-fil-A Sandwiches.  I have gotten to enjoy all of these over the last few days and in addition to the blessing that having them is, I am reminded of how much I truly have.  I live in a world where I do not ever need to worry about my next meal. 

It is not wrong to enjoy these things but it is wrong to do so without considering those who are in need of common necessities.  I have students who struggle to provide food for themselves.  If I enjoy my luxuries without doing something to help the needs of others then how can I truly say that I am following Christ?

It is not wrong for me to enjoy these things but I must keep room in my blessings for remembering and caring for the needs of others.  There is no place for me to enjoy without gratitude and understanding of the needs of others.  I do not really see the depth of any blessing from God if I do not see it in light of his overall provision.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment